A lighter version of a classic favorite, these zucchini noodles with homemade cauliflower alfredo sauce are just as much of a hit.
Cauliflower alfredo? Hear me out…
You can absolutely use traditional sauce. However, this version is equally as delicious – I promise – with a nutritious twist! It’s all about what’s best for you in the moment.
Try making this delicious, easy, under-30-minute dinner for the family. You can even do a build-your-own-bowl night, offering pasta, zoodles, and multiple sauce options! I will say, though, this sauce is a must in the rotation.
Zucchini Noodles with Cauliflower Alfredo
- 1/2 head Cauliflower large, chopped into florets
- 1 tsp Avocado Oil divided
- 1 Yellow Onion small, chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1/4 cup Nutritional Yeast
- 1/2 cup Organic Coconut Milk from the can
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 3/4 tsp Sea Salt divided
- 1 1/4 lbs Chicken Breast boneless, skinless
- 1 tbsp Rosemary fresh, chopped
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 4 Zucchini medium, spiralized into noodles
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil under a steamer basket. Place the cauliflower florets in the steamer basket and cook for 10 to 12 minutes, or until soft.
- In a skillet over medium heat, add half of the avocado oil and the onion. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes, until cooked through, then lower the heat to low and add the garlic. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes more. Set aside.
- In a blender, add the steamed cauliflower, onion, garlic, nutritional yeast, coconut milk, lemon juice and 3/4 of the sea salt. Blend on high until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- Season the chicken breast with rosemary, garlic powder and the remaining sea salt. In a skillet over medium heat, add the remaining avocado oil. Then, add the chicken breast and cook for 8 minutes per side. Remove, let it rest for 2 to 3 minutes and then slice.
- Plate the zucchini noodles and top with sliced chicken and cauliflower alfredo sauce. Enjoy!