A quick and easy dinner after a busy day, with only 4 ingredients! Even faster to put together with your ingredients prepped in advance, which I often do. I love all the fun combinations you can make with spaghetti squash, and this is a great way to use leftovers like lentils, ground turkey, ground chicken, etc.
Easy, throw-together meals help me to stay fueled throughout the week and decreases stress (and dishes 😅) overall. Something we teach our gutTogether clients is to have simple ingredients on hand, and mix and match throughout the week! If you prep even just the spaghetti squash in advance, you can create a million delicious meal combinations that will last you for days.
This recipe is also great at providing the diverse variety of foods your gut craves. Remember, it’s often NOT about restricting your diet, but rather expanding it when trying to improve your bloat and/or constipation.
Italian Turkey Spaghetti Squash
- 2 spaghetti squash pre-cooked
- 1 lb ground turkey pre-cooked
- 1 cup Primal Kitchen Foods pasta sauce
- 1 cup lentils cooked
- seasoning as desired
- If your spaghetti squash is not pre-cooked, cook as desired. Same goes for your ground turkey and lentils!
- Add cooked turkey, pasta sauce, and cooked lentils to a fresh pan and heat together. If using shredded squash and not a roasted half, add this to the pan, too.
- If using a pre-cooked squash half, warm in microwave. If it's freshly cooked, leave as is!
- Add mixture in pan to your spaghetti squash.
- Season as desired.
Are you ready to get started on your gut health journey? Download my free guide “10 Ways to Improve Digestion Now:”