This one-pot Herb and Shrimp Risoni features fresh shrimp, Trader Joe’s risoni, and a flavorful lemon and herb topping you can throw together in under 30 minutes. Perfect for a weeknight dinner – and keeps well in the fridge for leftovers!
You can serve this warm, fresh out of the pot, or make ahead and enjoy chilled. In my opinion, the longer it sits in the refrigerator, the better it tastes!
Have fun with your herb choice – I use parsley here, but this simple recipe is so versatile that most herbs would suit it! For example, you could try using dill instead. This is just one way to add even more variety to your diet, AND add enjoyment to your meal by being more involved in the process!
Eating a well-structured meal like this is key for a happy gut. It balances your blood sugar, and the fiber from the veggies and pasta keep your “good gut bugs” fed and thriving! Speaking of fiber..
When you feed your gut bugs with fiber, they pay you back with amazing benefits like:
– lowered inflammation
– better digestion
– better mood
Just to name a few!
Plus, I like to think that cooking a simple meal like this (and have some prepped for future use) removes some of the stress that can potentially affect your digestion. It’s a win all around!
One-Pot Herb + Shrimp Risoni
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 Yellow Onion medium, chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup Trader Joe’s risoni dry
- 3/4 cup Asparagus trimmed, cut into bite-sized pieces
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper to taste
- 8 oz Shrimp peeled, deveined
- 1/2 Lemon juiced and zested
- 2 tbsp Parsley chopped
- Heat a dutch oven over medium heat and add the oil. Once hot, add the onion and sauté until softened, about three to five minutes. Add the garlic and cook for one minute, until fragrant.
- Add the risoni and stir until slightly toasted, about one minute. Add the water, asparagus, and salt and pepper. Cover and cook for ten minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the lid, and add the shrimp. Cook for five minutes or until pink and cooked through. Add the lemon juice, zest, and parsley. Divide onto plates and enjoy!
Want more helpful tips like this? Subscribe to my email list for exclusive access to my best insight, gut-loving recipes, and more!