This homemade restaurant-style salsa is a staple recipe. It’s perfect served with tortilla chips or as a topping over your favorite Mexican food, like tacos, burritos, taquitos and so forth. The best party food around and a must-have snack!
You can use canned tomatoes, but I highly suggest using fresh. It makes a world of a difference in the flavor, I swear! You can adjust the ratio of garlic or onion to your taste, but I find the measurements in the recipe provide the perfect flavor balance for all members of the family.
Minimal-ingredient, throw in a saucepan and simmer… this salsa will make you dance!
- 2 cups Diced Tomatoes canned or fresh
- 1 Sweet Onion medium, diced
- 1 Green Bell Pepper medium, diced
- 1 Garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 3/4 cup Tomato Paste
- 2 tbsps Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt or more to taste
- Add all ingredients except salt to a large saucepan and bring to a simmer for 30 minutes.
- Season with salt to taste. Let cool and transfer to jars. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.