These hummus and veggie lunch wraps make the perfect fresh lunch on a spring day! Made with only a few ingredients, they take minutes to put together for meal prep or a packed lunch.
Who wants to spend time slaving away on a meal when it’s so beautiful outside? I love quick and easy options during this time of year. Simple wraps like these are a go-to that I make all season long.
Bonus: they’re super versatile! Change up the dip (I may use this as an excuse to make a Trader Joe’s trip), the veggies, protein, seasonings, or the wraps, and you’ll end up making a super fun and different wrap every time. For example, you could use chicken breast like I did, or try chickpeas for protein!
If you don’t tolerate whole wheat, here are some great tortilla substitutes: Siete Foods tortillas, brown rice tortillas, and coconut wraps.
Another reason to play with ingredient combos? Your good gut bugs LOVE variety. It fuels them, aiding in better digestion and an all-around more diverse gut microbiota! The fiber in the veggies, hummus and wrap provide them with much-needed fuel, too.
What combo are you craving for your next wrap? I can’t wait to hear what you try!
Hummus and Veggie Wraps
- 2 Whole Wheat Tortillas large
- 1/2 cup Hummus
- 4 leaves Romaine large, whole
- 1/2 Avocado sliced
- 1/2 Cucumber sliced
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper sliced
- 6 oz chicken breast cooked
- Lay tortillas flat and spread the hummus in the center of each tortilla. Layer the romaine leaves, avocado, cucumber, bell pepper, and chicken. Roll the tortilla tightly while folding the ends in.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!